The Crib 5 mattress is a Contract mattress, offering the same interior make-up, comfort and support as our Camilla mattress, but all the components have been heavily treated for fire resistance to meet the higher regulation standards required for hotels, schools, detention centres etc. Mattresses for domestic use have fire standards also, but contract mattresses have even higher standards due to higher density of beds in a building.
The Crib 5 mattress offers wonderful support and comfort, thanks to the hi-tech combination of a pocket-coil spring system and a high density foam layer.
- Cooling wave foam layer for a comfortable sleeping temperature
- Individual pocket springs to ensure no partner disturbance.
- Mattress depth: 25 cm
- Pocket Spring: Medium pocket coil
- Comfort Foam: High density foam in the comfort layer. This foam works along with your springs to add support and structure to your mattress
- Premium Cover Fabric: Durable knit fabric with spunyarns for a soft feel next to your body.
What is a CRIB 5 Rating
CRIB 5 is a fire safety rating. It is for contract furniture, and is a higher standard than required for domestic furniture. While domestic furniture must pass a “Smouldering cigarette test” and a “Match resistant test”, contract furniture must also pass a “Flame retardant test” (BS 6807, commonly referred to as Source / Crib 5).
The CRIB 5 tests do not certify an item as 100% fireproof, but they dramatically reduce the risk of a disaster, and can potentially save lives.